Several MAACLink users have asked me recently how they can see more than the default 10 pages of client services on the client profile screen. Some of them were trying to document chronic homelessness, while another just wanted more background on the client to inform her case management.
If you aren’t currently using our MAACLink social service software:
- The “client profile” contains a person’s identifying, demographic, and housing status information (the HUD-defined universal data elements)
- “Services” can be added to a profile to document all types of social services, from shelter bed nights to food pantry visits to case management and more
The Client Services screen automatically displays a client’s most recent 500 services, 50 services per page, up to 10 pages. If a client has received more than 500 services, here’s a step-by-step process for accessing the entire service history:
- Search for the client profile under the Client Case Manager tab (yellow arrow in the screenshot below), Search for a Client screen (gray arrow). Double-click the client profile you want from the search results
- Click on the Client Services screen (pink arrow)
- Search the service history by entering a start date (red arrow), end date (green arrow), and clicking the search button (purple arrow, bottom right corner). It is usually OK to enter a long search period, even up to four years or more
This search will return more than 10 pages of results if the client has that many services; there may be 15, 20, or more pages. You can sort the search results by clicking the column headers (I recommend sorting by date). You can also export the services list to a spreadsheet using the green export icon at the bottom right corner of the list.
That’s it! Any questions?