Are you interested in using MAACLink KC for your social service software?
You may have heard about MAACLink from other social service agencies in your community or maybe you are applying for a grant that requires you use MAACLink as your social service software. Either way, you may be wondering “How do I get online with MAACLink?”. The process is easy and here’s how.
The first step is to contact our office and let us know about your interest in joining MAACLink KC. We will start by asking some basic information about your agency; the services you provide, your annual budget, and how you would like to use MAACLink. With that information we should be able to provide you with a quote on what it might cost for you to get online with MAACLink KC. From there you can take the information to your staff and/or board to see if its a feasible option for your agency.
We are also available to do demos of the MAACLink social service software at no cost to your agency.
Once you decide you are ready to proceed we will ask you to complete the MAACLink KC packet. Once this packet is completed and returned we will contact you regarding set up and training for your users. We will ask each new user from your agency to fill out a Statement of Confidentiality and User Agreement. Once each new user has submitted their form and received training they will be given their own unique login information for MAACLink KC. With this information the user can then start to use MAACLink KC!
Since MAACLink KC is a website it can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection and the most recent version of Adobe Flash (a free download found at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/).
We look forward to seeing your agency online with MAACLink KC!
Several MAACLink users have asked me recently how they can see more than the default 10 pages of client services on the client profile screen. Some of them were trying to document chronic homelessness, while another just wanted more background on the client to inform her case management.
If you aren’t currently using our MAACLink social service software:
- The “client profile” contains a person’s identifying, demographic, and housing status information (the HUD-defined universal data elements)
- “Services” can be added to a profile to document all types of social services, from shelter bed nights to food pantry visits to case management and more
The Client Services screen automatically displays a client’s most recent 500 services, 50 services per page, up to 10 pages. If a client has received more than 500 services, here’s a step-by-step process for accessing the entire service history:
- Search for the client profile under the Client Case Manager tab (yellow arrow in the screenshot below), Search for a Client screen (gray arrow). Double-click the client profile you want from the search results
- Click on the Client Services screen (pink arrow)
- Search the service history by entering a start date (red arrow), end date (green arrow), and clicking the search button (purple arrow, bottom right corner). It is usually OK to enter a long search period, even up to four years or more
Click thumbnail to enlarge screenshot
This search will return more than 10 pages of results if the client has that many services; there may be 15, 20, or more pages. You can sort the search results by clicking the column headers (I recommend sorting by date). You can also export the services list to a spreadsheet using the green export icon at the bottom right corner of the list.
That’s it! Any questions?